Inverness Consulting has an opportunity for a Project Assistant
Term: One year with the option for 2 one year renewals
Start Date: March 20, 2017
Due Date: February 23, 2017
The client is looking for a Project Assistant to join the RAMP team as part of the revenue modernization project being undertaken by the Ministry of Finance.
RAMP is an initiative that will replace the Revenue Division's legacy revenue management systems with a modern tax revenue management system. The Ministry's goal in revenue modernization is to:
• improve the Ministry's interaction with clients and reduce complexity and administrative burden by adopting a single client identifier approach to revenue management;
• improve business functionality, streamline business processes and reduce the gap between the functionality of the existing legacy systems and business needs; and,
• eliminate duplication, improve supportability and reduce system maintenance costs.
The new system was acquired in 2015-16 and will be implemented over three releases: Release 1 - Fuel and Tobacco Tax (November 2016) Release 2 – PST, LCT BCP, and IPT & Audit (November 2017) Release 3 - Client Portal, Corporate and Miscellaneous Taxes (May 2018)
The successful resource will have experience managing multiple, competing priorities in information technology projects as well as experience in following project processes while maintaining attention to detail on work deliverables and product.
The project assistant will work across functional streams to assist in the coordination of schedules, activities and documentation. The assistant will report to the GoS project manager and work closely with the project management team to ensure project timelines and deliverables are understood.
Primary responsibilities of this role include:
- On an ongoing basis, works with project team to assist with tracking task and project assignments, follows up on action items, etc. This role will be responsible for reviewing all plans on a weekly basis for late tasks and updating completed tasks.
- Run reports using various project tools to provide status on tasks by deliverable for the project team and senior management meetings.
- Create, track, update and follow up on issues or risks identified across the project; escalate bottlenecks and encourage team leads to work upcoming issues and tasks.
- Maintain document control in the project repository for all project final deliverables; ensure complete documentation of Decision Items; filing of documents and cleaning up documentation.
- Provide assistance, when required, in tracking project test activities
- Assist the project team and team leads in meetings/workshops with capturing meeting notes, issues, risk, tasks, and other documentation as required.
- Schedule project meetings, user feedback sessions, training, etc. as requested by the Project Manager and Project Director.
- Support the readiness of facilities; ensure software and hardware requirements are in place for various workshops, training sessions, etc.
- Provide quality assurance to all processes and project standards; develop forms and templates to communicate new/modified processes.
- Prepare monthly budget information and follow up on work orders, etc.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience performing an administrative role on IT or Financial projects and project related work
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience assisting a project manager (or similar lead role) in identifying, tracking and reporting on project action items, issues and risks.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with Microsoft Office Tools, specifically, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience performing administrative support duties for a project manager (or a lead role similar to a project manager). This requirement will be heavily weighted.
- Demonstrated experience working with team members to update and track project tasks and assignments to reflect current status and identify activities that are not tracking to schedule.
- Demonstrated experience scheduling meetings and ensuring facilities, equipment and documentation are in place for the appropriate meeting, workshop or client working session.
- Demonstrated experience documenting meeting minutes, issues and actions.
- Demonstrated experience managing a project library.
- Demonstrated experience creating, updating, and distributing status reports to a project manager (or a similar role).
- Demonstrated experience working within a cross-functional project team where some members work remotely.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize own workload to meet the timelines of the project in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Demonstrated familiarity with basic project management methodologies and processes.