Inverness Consulting has an opportunity for two Senior Project Managers
Term: One year
Start Date: April 3, 2017
Due Date: February 22, 2017
- Various projects to improve, modernize and sustain the clients application infrastructure environment to create enabling IS architectures to support future business applications.
- Various projects that develop the enabling environment and infrastructure to support developing or enhancing Products and Services.
Certification and Education
- Project Management Professional (PMI-PMP) is required
- Certified in People Change Management (e.g. Prosci) is desired
- Certified in IT Service Management (e.g. ITIL) is desired
- Education and training normally gained through post-secondary education at the University or Technical Institute level in one of following: Computer Science / Business Administration / Engineering
Skills and Expertise
- Minimum eight (8) to ten (10) years experience as a Senior Project Manager
- Experience in managing product development, information systems and network project in the telecommunications industry including proven experience managing on scope, on schedule, on budget
- Experience initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and closing projects in the telecommunications industry or an organization of comparable size and complexity
- Proven experience with project budgeting, cost tracking and cost control
- Strong leadership qualities in organization, planning, facilitation, risk analysis, controlling, negotiation and communications (verbal and written)
- Vendor management skills required including direct experience managing system integrators
- Proven experience in managing complex technology projects including managing requirements, solution design, development and testing
- Expertise in using project management tools including MS Project for schedule development, progression of schedule and resource management; and SharePoint for Project Libraries
- Core competencies such as initiative, relationship building, influencing others, problem solving and decision making
- Proven experience managing cross divisional project teams and working with various stakeholders including Executive Management
- Extensive knowledge of project management standards, methodologies, and related practices (eg: Project Management Institute's (PMI) PMBOK, PRINCE2, Agile and Prosci Change Management)
- IS IT Project Manager - experience with various application software packages (eg: Seibel CRM, SAP, Oracle BRM, etc.)
- Technology Engineer Project Manager - experience with various network technologies (eg: VoLTE, LTE, IMS, etc.)
- Accountable for all aspects of the project (or phase) over the entire project life.
- Responsible for project deliverables. In doing so the Consultant will be responsible for managing the schedule, budget, scope, issues, risks, and communications.
- Act as the single point of contact and escalation for the project.
- Manage the overall project including:
- Facilitating the development of a Business Case using clients templates and processes. This may require establishing vendor RFx and Statements of Work.
- Facilitating the development of a Project Plan using clients templates and processes.
- Establishing the project schedule, monitoring schedule performance and reporting on progress.
- Monitoring spending and ensuring adherence to budget. Responsible for project cost reporting.
- Project communication including communicating status to executives and sponsors.
- Vendor management – managing and/or issuing a RFP to acquire other services and/or products as required by the project; managing the Statements of Work requirements and work progress of the third party vendors that provide SME resourcing. This may include the creation of additional SOWs as required by the project.