Inverness Consulting has an opportunity for a Software Developer
Term: Six months with the option to extend for 2 years and 6 months
Start Date: April 17, 2017
Due Date: March 22, 2017
The client is looking for a Software Developer to join the Provincial Disaster Assistance Project being undertaken by AMS for Government Relations.
The objective of this work is to improve the program by enhancing the processes for both government and Industry. This will be done by improving the processes and exploiting recent advances in technology. Business applications will be developed to support the business utilizing an application development environment (and framework) based on the Microsoft .Net Platform.
Duties of the Resource will include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Collaborate with client to help identify requirements; prioritize work schedule; and provide technical guidance to internal resources.
- Deliver and document new solutions built in a variety of technologies
- Deliver solutions that integrate into/leverage existing enterprise systems
- Prepare detailed written/visual documentation (using Word, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Interface with clients to help understand their needs
- Troubleshoot problems and deliver timely resolutions to said problems
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing business applications on the Microsoft .NET Platform including each of VB.net, MS Visual Studio 2005, MS SQL Server 2000, Report Viewer, Visual Source Save.
- Ability to work on-site full time (core hours 8am to 5pm)
- Available to work in Canada immediately.
- Demonstrated recent experience working with the following technologies
- VB.net 2005
- MSXML Parser 4
- IIS 6
- MS SQL Server 2012
- MS SQL Server Reporting Services 2012
- Demonstrated experience deploying business systems.
- Demonstrated experience using Visual Source Safe 6.0 as a version control tool.
- Demonstrated experience in code testing methods and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to create / write technical documents including but not limited to: functional specifications, operational documentation, release plans, release notes and architecture documents (please cite specific examples)
- Demonstrated technical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to isolate root causes.