Inverness Consulting has an opportunity for a Business Analyst
Term: One year
Start Date: As soon as possible
Due Date: February 20, 2017
Description of Requirements:
The client requires an intermediate level Business Analyst. The role of the Business Analyst is to work as a liaison among stakeholders to facilitate the gathering, validating and communicating of requirements for assigned projects.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for:
- Utilizing Rational Unified Process (RUP) best practices
- Use case modeling, business visioning, process mapping / modeling and sequence flow diagramming
- Maintaining project documentation related the gathering of requirements, business modeling, traceability and scenario mapping
- Proven experience facilitating group and individual discussion for the purpose of gathering of requirements or leading process reviews with a wide variety of stakeholders with a focus on progressive and iterative delivery.
- Documenting future state vision and challenging business assumptions
- Leading the creation of the overall Test Strategy and Test Plan and working closely with the Tester(s) to ensure requirement/test case traceability.
- Exercising independent judgment, interpreting information for tasks assigned
- Working with a variety of business units to troubleshoot and recommend resolutions to process issues with existing applications
- Working independently and collaboratively with team members as required
- Knowledge sharing to ensure progressive realization of improvements within the business analyst practice
- Strong written, verbal and active listening communication skills and related 'soft skills' are critical to this assignment.
- CBAP certification is considered an asset for this role.
- Past experience with Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect is considered an asset for this role.