Inverness Consulting has an opportunity for a Project Coordinator
Term: One year
Start Date: April 3, 2017
Due Date: February 22, 2017
- Provide project controls and support functions on corporate projects.
- Provides project coordination leadership and direction for the successful implementation of small projects, including but not limited to applying an appropriate level of rigor and discipline, adhering to all project management processes, and providing updates to all relevant stakeholders.
Certification and Education
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMI-PMP) is preferred
- Education and training normally gained through post-secondary education at the University or Technical Institute level in one of following: Computer Science / Business Administration / Engineering
Skills and Expertise
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a project support role
- Proven experience managing small projects or deliverables within large projects
- Experience in providing project controls and support to projects including proven experience managing cost scheduling and tracking
- Experience in a project support role in an information technology or telecommunications industry
- Leadership qualities in organization, planning, facilitation and communications (verbal and written)
- Proven experience in using project management tools including MS Project for schedule development, progression of schedule; and SharePoint for Project Libraries
- Core competencies such as initiative, relationship building, influencing others, problem-solving and decision making
- Knowledge of project management standards, methodologies and related practices (eg: Project Management Institute's (PMI) PMBOK, PRINCE2, Agile and Prosci Change Management)
- Accountable for project meeting administration including recording and maintaining up-to-date registers of regular meeting minutes, risks, issues, escalations, decisions and actions. Accountable for project meeting logistics including meeting rooms, conference bridges, and web conferences.
- Accountable for providing project management support for the successful implementation of corporate projects.
- Communicates and interfaces with external partners, customers, employees, and industry counterparts. Reviews and prioritizes incoming requests and correspondence to ensure appropriate action is taken by assuming ownership of the situation or delegating to the appropriate personnel.
- Provides project coordination leadership and direction for the successful implementation of small projects, including but not limited to applying an appropriate level of project management discipline, adhering to all project management processes, and providing updates to all relevant stakeholders.
- Participates in program & project scheduling including the development and maintenance of overall program and project schedules.
- Accountable for project document management including ensuring current and accurate documentation is filed in the project sites.
- Participates in the development and accountable for the distribution of regular program and project status reports.
- Manages program and project budgets, ensuring all costs are accurately reflected. Assists with invoice & contract management (e.g. invoice tracking and payment).
- Ensures compliance to Corporate Program/Project management processes and standards.